BEST WAY TO DEGREASE ENGINE WITH PUT SPENDING ALOT OF $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
any tips i have alot of junk on my engine but idk how much they would charge to hot tank it can they do it with out tearing it apart i plan to get my heads checked and leave the bottom end alone maybe just add a mild cam to the 305 dont plan to knock out pistons maybe chane bearings so just want to have the bolock real clean so can spray it

84sbcregal23deg

Apprentice
Jan 6, 2011
Long island, NY
Re: BEST WAY TO DEGREASE ENGINE WITH PUT SPENDING ALOT OF $

it would have to come apart to hot tank. got access to a powerwasher? aluminum comes VERY clean with the wheel cleaner for non-painted aluminum/chrome wheels. it will take the paint off your engine though

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

84sbcregal23deg said:
it would have to come apart to hot tank. got access to a powerwasher? aluminum comes VERY clean with the wheel cleaner for non-painted aluminum/chrome wheels. it will take the paint off your engine though

thats what i want for all the junk and oil and paint to come off i have access to a pressure washer

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

anyone have pics of them degreassing there engine??. any tips, techniques??? product advice??

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA

yup orange stuff works pretty good, just make sure you dont get water in the carb or any baffles of the valve covers and you will be good

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Oven cleaner

Cutty454

Apprentice
Jul 8, 2010
blackwood,new jersey

Oven cleaner or simply/mean green works good spray them on let them sit and then rinse

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor