Better Suspenision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
www.driftcentral.com
Which of the following do you think would be a better suspenision choice? And for those of you that actually have these parts I would like to know personal feedback. Which of the two would you think is best?

1- Savitske Classic & Custom with the Fays 2 Watts link ...

or ...

2- Hotrods to Hell with their Centerdrive Truckarm kit ...

Now both companies seem to have a good rep and product idea. SC&C has built g-bodies to run in the Silver State Challenge and other open road races like the Newfoundland Targa.

HR2H also has a good product though as the centerdrive truckarm systems are esentially what they use in NASCAR. It is a very proven design in race situation, and has also been used on the Falken drift camaro. I also like the HR2H idea of useing softer springs up front with a bigger bar.

As for price, SC&C will run about $3,200 for everything HR2H for front and rear you're looking right around $3,500, basically both are in the same range.

Any opinions, ideas, or comments? Anyother options to get this kind of handleing without a $3k+ price tag?

I was thinking about a Watts link today as I was driving home from painting mine (YAY!!!). I noticed the rear axle tended to allow the car to rock back and forth on it a bit too much and couldn't help but think of ways to make it better. I kind of came to the conclusion that I would rather figure out how to do an IRS conversion instead. By the time you beef up the axle and change the whole suspension system, you won't have spent much less. Plus, there are inherent problems with a live axle that the laws of physics won't let you fix, like excess unsprung weight. That works against the suspension reacting quickly to rapid changes in the road. Plus, modern IRS designs have passive 4 wheel steering geometry that is impossible with a live axle, as is the ability to design in a camber curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor