Big Block Chevy Header issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakes442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 16, 2009
Just wrapping up a Big Block Chevy install in an 86 442. Used Hooker headers for a big block/Gbody. The passenger side header hits the frame and will not allow the header to seal up against the cylinder head ( it's a 1/4 inch off the gasket)? Hate to start hammering on a new set of $800 headers?
Guessing I am not the first person to hit this issue. Any suggestions before we get violent on the #2 header tube?

Thanks for your help!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Never did it with a Chevy I did use hookers on my bbo in my 87 Cutlass and they fit beautiful I would think the quality for a BBC would be the same or better because Chevy is more popular and wide spread I'm shore someone here has done it

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Used Hooker headers for a big block/Gbody. The passenger side header hits the frame and will not allow the header to seal up against the cylinder head ( it's a 1/4 inch off the gasket)? Hate to start hammering on a new set of $800 headers?
Are these 2241's if so I have installed these on multiple BBC Gbodies and only ever had to trim the driver's side mount nothing more.

Loosenutzzz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2019
Probably raised exhaust port heads, never had an issue with hooker swap big block headers....

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
If they are the 2241's then those are the exact headers I have on mine. No fitment issues here but they are a pain to work around. Maybe you have the wrong engine mounts or ended up with a faulty pair of headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor