BLACKOUT TAIL LIGHTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still sell it here in ND also. I used it on my old cougar I had. It gets darker with the more coats you apply. And you can use a clear over the top to make it glossy. I never had a problem when I had mine but that was about 10 years ago. Since I've heard law enforcement has been a little more strict with it around here. They say you have to have clearly visible reflectors. But I agree, especially on a black car it looks nice.

looks like something i'd be interested in doing. is that with that night shades?

The nite shades work great, but be sure to clear it, I do paint n body work, so all fo my cars get smoked lights, I use nite shades and then a few coats of good clear, then wetsand and buff them and they look awsome, Ill be doign my ss this week and Ill post up pics of it.

Just in case anyone is wondering. Everyone seems to be saying to clear over the nightshade stuff. And that is true. I used it a few years ago, but I didn't clear it. SO I was constantly touching it up. Oh, and do it just like paint, several light coats.

I always thought rear lights were there for a purpose....something like so others can see you brake and avoid rear ending you....in my mind anyone who blacks out their brake lights are an idiot and should be held responsible for anyone who happens to run into them...

outsider_27 said:
I do like how it looks. I just looked it up and SD prohibits it.

I'm not saying it doesn't look good but there is a limit to making a car look cool....and endangering yourself (not you personally) and others is way past that limit...

yeah, i think the most i would do would be tint the third tail light if I had a black car, but unless your running REALLY bright LED tailights, they are kinda dim,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor