BLACKOUT TAIL LIGHTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pontiacgp said:
outsider_27 said:
I do like how it looks. I just looked it up and SD prohibits it.

I'm not saying it doesn't look good but there is a limit to making a car look cool....and endangering yourself (not you personally) and others is way past that limit...

That is true, you're removing the reflectiveness of the tail lights. The lights are still there, but headlights from following vehicles won't make them reflect light back.

Kudo's for something different. To each their own though. Not the biggest fan of it. I actually like the stockers. And I NEVER like something stock lol.

But again, kudos

supreme_eighty5 said:
depends on what your state allows. some states you must have something reflective in the rear

That's what the liscense plate's for...

custom442 said:
supreme_eighty5 said:
depends on what your state allows. some states you must have something reflective in the rear

That's what the liscense plate's for...

touche!

the only reason i am debating NOT doing it is because i am parking on the road right now and half this town is literally .... half there to put it nicely.

pontiacgp said:
Kudo's for something different. To each their own though

not when it can endanger others tho.....and blacked out brakes lites is one...it's just common sense

How does doing this put others in danger? I have used this product in the past. And the brake lights are still visible. Maybe the danger is with the one who is not paying attention, or following to close.

Just a thought.

Phoenyx said:
pontiacgp said:

not when it can endanger others tho.....and blacked out brakes lites is one...it's just common sense

How does doing this put others in danger? I have used this product in the past. And the brake lights are still visible. Maybe the danger is with the one who is not paying attention, or following to close.

Just a thought.

It takes away the reflectiveness of the lens. When it's dark and headlights shine on it, it will not reflect off the lens and it could cause someone to hit the car not seeing it. Especially a black car.

Phoenyx said:
pontiacgp said:

Just a thought.

during the daytime brake lights are sometimes not that visible so to make them even less visible by tinting them makes no sense to me.... :?

and as far as the danger being is the one who isn't paying attention doesn't help when they slam the back end of your car......as far as I am concerned I'll keep my brakes light free of any tinting and if that saves me from being rear ended again then I'm happy....tinting brake lites is like wearing camouflage when your going deer hunting...

Here's mine, I did it myself

piktue6.jpg

I have a tutorial on it under the "Body and Trim" Forum, called How to Nightshade your Taillights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor