BLAZER BRAKE UPGRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
It will be, but IMO the difference is negligible. The caliper slides anyway, I seriously doubt you'd run out of travel there. The only other thing is whether there are chanfers or bevels that won't play nice, but that's easy enough to check.

Agreed & my main concern. Figured, If there were 'shims' readily available, it's an easy was to eliminate a possible issue that may or may not exist. I worked w/Tobin on the C10 big brake kit modifying & testing various spindles to make sure things worked as intended. I'll e-mail him just to see what he has/thinks.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
why not just get the dust shei;ds i ordered them on amazon and still run them on my vette brakes now
Didn't want to order them not knowing if they would/wouldn't work w/the big-brake change. with that info now shared, I might do the same.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
Didn't want to order them not knowing if they would/wouldn't work w/the big-brake change. with that info now shared, I might do the same.
right on, all sources including kore 3 say they don't work, we literally just bent em back a shade and they work just fine with the base c6 vette brakes, if you run the c6 z06 the rotors will run a bit past it.
UHZAA1m.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor