Blazer spindles and UMI control arms

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
The UMI stuff is a direct replacement as well as the S10 spindles. UMI has specific arms for stock height ball joints or 1/2in. You obviously are totally out of whack in what you have done.
Or.... there could be a simple explanation.

Reactions: 1 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
The upper arm does not limit the steering angle.

Out of whack, exactly Castro. That is the reason of the thread.

UMI can only blame the spindles since they are not a stock part.

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I looked at mine yesterday, it must be somthing with the lower control arms, my stock ones with the 1/2" taller balljoints, still hit the steering stops.

• Agree

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You have to grind on the spindle. They won’t turn as far as stock, but they will turn far enough. Or shorten up the tie rod tube.

Or adapt and overcome. My head is spinning from reading this.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Haven’t driven it yet but from garage turning I gained a few degrees. Took a 3/16” plate to make a 1.25”OD washer and then took two 2.5” OD washers with a 1” ID to go over the nub on the control arm. Also prevented me from having to drill and tap my spindles. IMG_4118.jpeg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor