Blend door cable replacing HELP

Yeah, with everything unhooked turn it all the way to one side then slowly back the other direction while lifting gently... If you didn't find, (by feel) the spot that the ears line up, go to the other extreme direction and do the same. That part of the pivot is fairly sturdy it shouldn't break that easily.

It shouldn't take much force to lift out of heater box.

Appreciate the info! I have everything disconnected from it. threaded rod and cable so it moves freely or as freely as possible. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 I can get it to unlock without breaking off inside. I have tried seeing with mirror but no luck
If it breaks off and falls inside, I wouldn't worry about it. Back in the day we replaced them all the time. They came in broken and they would break at the pivot. I never took anything apart to get the broken piece out and they worked fine. It didn't seem to cause any problems.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor