blower motor not shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

DETROITBOY27

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2008
houston tx
when the car is running, the blower motor / fan for the heater/ac keeps running even when it is in the off position. I can adjust it from high to low. When I had the vehicel checked out the mechanic said I needed a new control unit. So I bought a new one and it did not fix it. Any ideas?

BACKSLAP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 19, 2008
blower resistor itself, unplug it first, then check to see if the fan motor itself is shorted internally.

try these things, dont replace parts until u check your voltages bro

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
BACKSLAP said:
blower resistor itself, unplug it first, then check to see if the fan motor itself is shorted internally.

try these things, dont replace parts until u check your voltages bro

There also might be a relay, depending on what year car it is, make sure that is good also.

BILL DEMMER

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2008
is it running at a very low speed? if so, that is the way it was designed to work, to keep exhaust gases from building up inside the vehicle.

bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor