blower motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
SBCregal said:
dont keep guessing, grab a wiring diagram (your haynes SHOULD have one) and a multimeter and get to testing components

X2, thats the best and cheapest way to find problems.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Engine should not matter ... G-body blower is a G-body blower. I do believe all years, all models used the exact same one. There is one odd sized screw in that motor - Did you make sure to hook that ground wire up to it? I can tell you I have "fixed" more than one no blower without touching the car but reminding people this ground has to be hooked up. I also scrape away the paint around this hole to ensure a good contact. I've done 4 or 5 motors in my personal cars. I haven't found a resistor failure yet. Let me know if you need a wiring schmatic. I have a factory 81 Olds manual .... But then again blower motors don't know what brand it is.

btw. Why not buy a new one - they are like $20.

shane93nc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2008
charlotte
Thanks for all the replys fellas. its been so long since I have really gotten down and dirty with working on these cars. And to be honest about the question about getting a new one I should have checked but I thought that maybe since it a blower used back in the 80's and some 90's then it might would have to be ordered. I will get to checking the things yuo all told me to check and i will be reporting back soon. Thanks Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor