Body Bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
I finally found a shop that wants to tackel the job of replaceing my rear (rusted out) frame rails. One thing that I'm unsure of is body Bushing availability. Can anyone tell me if body bushings are sold individually or only in a set for the entire car??
Ive also heard of guys making the bushing out of hockey pucks. sound wierd to me here in New Orleans, where I Never even have seen a hockey puck. Anyway if anyone can push me in the right direction I would much appreciate it...... Thanks, TIM

79_GBody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2007
Columbus, OH
The rubber bushing are kind of expensive to be honest, so the cheapest route would probably be the energy suspension polyurethane bushings.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
79_GBody said:
The rubber bushing are kind of expensive to be honest, so the cheapest route would probably be the energy suspension polyurethane bushings.
Anyone selling them seperately though???

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Just a heads up if you do decide to go poly they make your car ride ruffer like being on a train. Spend the extra go rubber.

stomis

Master Mechanic
May 14, 2010
Brick NJ
chevy2480 said:
Just a heads up if you do decide to go poly they make your car ride ruffer like being on a train. Spend the extra go rubber.

I wouldnt say they make the ride that rougher. Infact the ride will be nicer with nice new poly mounts than it will be deteriorated rubber mounts bottoming out.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
stomis said:
chevy2480 said:

I wouldnt say they make the ride that rougher. Infact the ride will be nicer with nice new poly mounts than it will be deteriorated rubber mounts bottoming out.

I was just trying to give an example but yes they are ruffer then good rubber but you are correct poly is better then bad rubber.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Don't use hockey pucks.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
we used hockey pucks on some circle track cars cause the rules were we had to use rubber body bushings....hockey pucks are rubber so we were good to go

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Hockey pucks don't last. They will break apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor