Body mount bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
so yesterday i decided to jus go forward with my body of resto on my project THA RUNT... and was goin good untill one body mount bolt got stuck and didnt want to come out i ended up cutting it in half with my sawzall but half is still suck in the mount my question is how do i get it out i will post a pic in a few min...

Attachments

• IMG_20120202_103948.jpg
    IMG_20120202_103948.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 652

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Depending on where it's located on the body, you might have to cut an access hole to get to the cage nut.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
Longroof79 said:
Depending on where it's located on the body, you might have to cut an access hole to get to the cage nut.
its the second to the last bolt on the pass side

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If the anchor isn't spinning I would try to spray it with as much lube as you can and leave it for a while to see if you can get it out with a small pipe wrench..

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Chris,
From what it looks like, you snapped the head right off of the bolt and left the shank there. I would first try to shoot some PB Blaster up there and let it sit for a bit. Do it again and let it sit. Do you have access to an oxy-acetylene torch? I'd say try to heat what's left of that bolt and clamp a vise grip onto it and gradually twist it off. You'll probably be able to get it out.
I was thinking that you snapped the bolt closer to the body. In that case you'd have to cut an access door to get to the top of the bolt and caged nut. The same would apply if the caged nut spins when trying to twist it off.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
actually i started to unbolt it and then im guessing the castle nut broke so its just spinning so i will chk it out and see how i can cut a access slot to get them out :evil: :evil:

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
jus got an idea.. what if i lube up the threads and then stick a flat head up in there and try to take the bolt out??

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
kuruption109 said:
actually i started to unbolt it and then im guessing the castle nut broke so its just spinning so i will chk it out and see how i can cut a access slot to get them out :evil: :evil:
From where you describe the position of the bolt, it sounds like it's right over the rear axle hump. Try locating the area right above it and get a hold of a cut off wheel and just cut a flap(or door) in the sheetmetal where you can bend it back, do what you gotta do to replace that cage nut, and bend the flap back and have somebody weld it back for you.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
Longroof79 said:
kuruption109 said:
From where you describe the position of the bolt, it sounds like it's right over the rear axle hump. Try locating the area right above it and get a hold of a cut off wheel and just cut a flap(or door) in the sheetmetal where you can bend it back, do what you gotta do to replace that cage nut, and bend the flap back and have somebody weld it back for you.
yes its the one right over the wheel well hump.. ok i will investigate it a lil more thanks alot...

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
kuruption109 said:
jus got an idea.. what if i lube up the threads and then stick a flat head up in there and try to take the bolt out??
Yeah, if you're able to jam it and keep it from turning...go for it. But then you're still faced with keeping it from spinning when you replace the bolt. The main objective is... you want to get that bolt outta there first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor