Body parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim & sleek

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2018
Fort Wayne, In
Ok guy and gals need some thoughts on this: I have a chance to pick up 2 fenders, core support, fiberglass nose grill both headlight trim pieces ,inner fenders, front bumper and 81 t-type hood scoop in the center all for my 81 regal (just to have on hand) all for $700.00. Do u people's think that is a fair price?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My question to you is, how bad is it needed? Is your fenders and core support rusted out? How negotiable is he on the price?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
If it’s all solid, and yours isn’t, sounds fair to me. I sold the whole nose from my 79 cutlass, minus the grills, for $200. They were a little rough though.

Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Been there and done that. It's good money to pay "just to have on hand". The only hard to get piece is the hood.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
"Fair" is a relative term.

If you buy it you need to store it. If you don't buy it and need it, you may need to pay future shipping.

Around here that list of parts isn't as expensive to buy, BUT, I'm assuming way more cars were crushed in your neck of the woods.

Reactions: 1 user

Tim & sleek

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2018
Fort Wayne, In
My question to you is, how bad is it needed? Is your fenders and core support rusted out? How negotiable is he on the price?
[/QUOTE.
Ok I have had is car since 1988 68k on it right after I got had a deer jump out in front of me then insurance put after market parts so body line dont line up so I want OME and good lines and the hood I have always like. The car is clean no rust as I said other parts to have

Tim & sleek

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2018
Fort Wayne, In
"Fair" is a relative term.

If you buy it you need to store it. If you don't buy it and need it, you may need to pay future shipping.

Around here that list of parts isn't as expensive to buy, BUT, I'm assuming way more cars were crushed in your neck of the woods.

Where r you located?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sounds like it would be worth replacing the sheet metal for nice straight , rust free panels. Offer him less for the parts. I'm sure he's probably been sitting on them for awhile, and therefore might be anxious to make a deal.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If it's an actual Turbo hood, and not a flat hood with a scoop added, that'd be the most expensive part of that package. The other stuff really doesn't sell in this area

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor