Bolt On Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
The OP has 4 posts. Sad to see the comments roasting the new guy for posting a simple question...keep it up and let the new people feel stupid for asking a question on a site that has helped many other members. Just sayin....
All day every day. We can't read the minds of those who want advice when they bring very little information to the table on what they want.

I'll let any of you attempt to critique me here, or any of us that know our stuff and have sat here over the years giving advice as well as putting out well detailed excellent build threads on our work. It's not on me or the other people here with knowledge when the rookies come in looking for help and they have the communication skills of a potato.

But yes lets lower the bar for them because their parents failed them and they have no thought process to help us with info so we can help them. Post #6 is on point.

Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
You need to give us some help. Do you currently have an ls engine in the car? How much exhaust do you need, headers and pipes or just pipes? Are upgrading or is this your first system?
I'll start. Look at the hooker blackheart system from holley. Arguably the best system. High quality, do it your self, bolt in system. Yes it is expensive but the fit and finish is top notch. This is what I'm using on my swap.
Are there others out there, possibly. I hope others will speak up.

We did speak up, said what you said just more blunt. You took the time to break it down on how OP should ask better questions, which if you felt the need that is good to see. Maybe they get the hint and can be a better functioning adult in society.

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
It’s hard not to feel used when I first time poster ask a stupid question without an introduction. In real life, proper etiquette requires a person to develop a rapport with the other before drilling them with questions.
We should start asking first time posters for a credit card before offering advice.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The truth hurts sometimes. The truth is that they all flow about the same. Engine Masters fans have seen many tests to prove it. In the end, you're going for sound, then it's like buying speakers. What sounds good to you may not to others. Engine displacement and compression become factors, too. If you're worried about picking up 7-10hp, your game is either on point or you couldn't buy a clue. Anywhere else doesn't matter.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Perhaps the problem here is nobody asked him if he was going to keep the factory blinker fluid lines or invest in the relocation kit some of the exhaust systems require?

• Haha

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
wow i didn't know it was an aunt flow weekend. suck it up guys, your karen is showing.

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
wow i didn't know it was an aunt flow weekend. suck it up guys, your karen is showing.

Nah. They are right. And so are you.

Too much subjectivity and too little effort on OP's part. There was no evidence of any attempt to solve their own problem and looking for confirmation of their findings.

Call me crazy, but I am pretty sure following this process is why I have had a smidgen of success in life.

Again, to your point, are we being harsh? A little - but this isn't AnonymityBook where useless questions are flagrantly posted every fifteen seconds.

What's next? An influx assclowns flashing a grip of cash and dropping their shitty YouTurd rap video?

Tolerance for stupid and lazy people got us where we are today - everyone has their own approach to dealing with them. Some donate to their cause, others call them out for being grifters.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
When I was in school, our teachers gave us sage advice instead of enabling us... things like:

Ask a bad question, get a bad answer

This is no such thing as a stupid question, but, there are stupid people

Or the age old if I just tell you everything you'll never learn how to find things out for yourself, did you try reading about this first?

I could keep going, but, the train of thought/vein of reasoning applies.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
When I was in school, our teachers gave us sage advice instead of enabling us... things like:

Ask a bad question, get a bad answer

This is no such thing as a stupid question, but, there are stupid people

Or the age old if I just tell you everything you'll never learn how to find things out for yourself, did you try reading about this first?

I could keep going, but, the train of thought/vein of reasoning applies.
Agreed. I seem to remember that saying of "If you build a man a fire, you can keep him warm for a night. If you set a man on fire, he'll stay warm the rest of his life." Or...something like that anyway. You get the idea. People value resourcefulness. And teachers have much more respect for students that engage in their own learning.

I try hard not to engage people that believe it is up to me to figure out their problems and solve them for them without apparent effort on their part. You know the ones..."My car won't start. I just put a new distributor in it. What now?" In this example, if you thought you were competent enough to start messing with the distributor, you should be able to do a few checks first and communicate that.

Better example... "My car won't start. I put a new battery in it, used a voltmeter to verify I have 12.8 V from the battery and grounds were checked, starter and alternator original. I put in a new distributor. Rechecked rotor to point to #1 cylinder and cap aligned properly. Getting spark when cranking over. All wiring hooked up as before. What did I miss?" <-- THIS is likely to get more responses.

Nothing wrong with asking questions, because you choose to. Just as there's nothing wrong with me not responding, because I choose not to.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Agreed. I seem to remember that saying of "If you build a man a fire, you can keep him warm for a night. If you set a man on fire, he'll stay warm the rest of his life." Or...something like that anyway. You get the idea. People value resourcefulness. And teachers have much more respect for students that engage in their own learning.

I try hard not to engage people that believe it is up to me to figure out their problems and solve them for them without apparent effort on their part. You know the ones..."My car won't start. I just put a new distributor in it. What now?" In this example, if you thought you were competent enough to start messing with the distributor, you should be able to do a few checks first and communicate that.

Better example... "My car won't start. I put a new battery in it, used a voltmeter to verify I have 12.8 V from the battery and grounds were checked, starter and alternator original. I put in a new distributor. Rechecked rotor to point to #1 cylinder and cap aligned properly. Getting spark when cranking over. All wiring hooked up as before. What did I miss?" <-- THIS is likely to get more responses.

Nothing wrong with asking questions, because you choose to. Just as there's nothing wrong with me not responding, because I choose not to.
Equally frustrating:

Step 1: creates thread. Asks questions

Step 2: gets tons of input and suggestions on that to try

Step 3: disappears, no guidance as to what happened or what worked.

Also deprives those searching the forum of what finally worked

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor