bouncy speedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
So my speedo is getting real bouncy when it is really cold., I always thought that the speedo cable needed to be greased when that happens. But when I took it in, they told me that it's not the cablr. But in the speedo head.

Does this sound right to any of you? And how do I fix it?

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
my 87 Cutt I had last summer did it too

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
It's such a pain in the butt. I wanna fix it pretty bad. It only does it when it's like -10 or colder. And it stops as soon as the interior has warmed up.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Still no one knows how to fix this? :(

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
I have a fix for one two things that cause this.

1; 1 on the speedo cables has gotten "dry" and needs to be lubricated (run oil in from top side of each cable).
How to tell; unhook cable at trans, spin inner cable by hand, if it is stiff, it most likely needs oil

2; The speedo it self has goten stiff, I had a 78 blazer that had this, had to remove the speedo and carefully lubricate the speedo "guts" with a very very "light/thin" oil, that is non "gumming"

p.s. I am not 100% sure if #2 will work in the g-body speedos, never opened one from a g-body

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor