brackets to keep a/c

Status
Not open for further replies.

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
what car should I be looking at for brackets for a small block chevy in my cutlass so I can keep the stock a/c in the car? I can make new lines if it needs to go to the other side that is no problem. But I want something clean looking possibly serpentine

thanks

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
do you have a V6 and your putting in a small block or was it never equiped with AC? you can find the brackets you need from most g bodies i think including el camino, monte carlo, cutless, grand prix. those will fit exactly. I'll check my car but you might have to remove the manifolds to install them.

montecarlo1985sc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 10, 2007
if you want serpentine

go find a s10 88 or newer with the 4.3 steal the brackets and the water pump because the serpentine on the 4.3 has a backwards water pump and take the pully off the alternater and swap with you older a vbelt alternator and the fan to because the fan is reversed if you cant find a blazer you can do it with and 89 and up v8 chevy like caprice impala and fullsize pick ups

KevinB

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
RedHotRegal said:
There is a post in here that has a serp. setup from a camaro if I remember. It looks clean.

Yeah, that was mine. If the car had a 307 V8, get the serp setup off a late 80's (mine came from an '88) Camaro with the TPI engine. The compressor is located where the original one was on the 307. You can use the Camaro's compressor. The rest of the 307 a/c equipment should be used. See my picks in my 307 to sbc thread in the knowledge section.

HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor