Brake Hose/Line Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Hit a pretty deep pot hole a couple of nights ago, and didn't have brakes this morning...

Figured air was in the lines so I attempted to bleed the brakes. When I made it to the drivers front side to bleed out the air, as my assistant was pushing the brake pedal, I noticed brake fluid shooting out on the passenger side...

Got up to check it out and this is what I see...

Squished the metal housing damn near flat...

Screenshot_20220406-184936_Photos.jpg

Now...how can I repair this or do I need to replace this hose ?

If i need to replace the hose, how do I remove it and install it...never messed around with brake hoses/lines before.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
:unsure:..... Don't you think you are at the point now that you could grab some tools you already have and find out on your own?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I may not have the right size wrenches, what sizes are needed ?
:unsure:..... Don't you think you are at the point now that you could grab some tools you already have and find out on your own?
I know I'm limited on tools and I know I'm on the road right now and not by my car...
Only way to KNOW is to put wrenches on the part/piece. The vehicle is almost 40yrs old & not a 1-owner cream-puff so there's no telling if it still has what it came with originally.

A Crescent (adjustable) wrench helps in a situation line this. Vice Grips, pliers, or channel locks could work as well.
1/2" or 9/16" Standard SAE wrenches would be common for the hardware possibly used here.
13mm or 14mm Metric wrenches would be common for the hardware possibly used here.

Reactions: 1 users

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Make sure you do BOTH sides. Im assuming you worked on these ? The first photos you posted that showed a small portion of your front end showed the links werent on properly.
I did both sides. Both sides were really loose. I spent several minutes tightening them down and checked every other nut down there.

Bought a grease gun to hit the grease points too.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor