Brake Light Switch Retainer

yennchi45

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2014
South Carolina
That clip sucks. I ended up putting nuts onto the switch to keep it from moving and engaging the brake lights.
If you remember the size please let me know I’m missing the retainer and it keeps moving

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
What size nuts?
They're 1/4-18. Here's one on mine. These are a common thread in the lighting industry (that I work in) & I have these at my work. I'll send you a few (plus lockwashers) if you want, or if you want to buy your own, look in the lighting section of your big box hardware store. they usually have loose lighting hardware & should have some of these. They're known as "1/4 IPS" in the lighting world.

1700737977093.png

yennchi45

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2014
South Carolina
They're 1/4-18. Here's one on mine. These are a common thread in the lighting industry (that I work in) & I have these at my work. I'll send you a few (plus lockwashers) if you want, or if you want to buy your own, look in the lighting section of your big box hardware store. they usually have loose lighting hardware & should have some of these. They're known as "1/4 IPS" in the lighting world.

View attachment 231385
Thanks a lot for that information. And sure I’ll take some! If you already have the right ones and saves me from searching for them why not, long as the shipping is not too much!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor