Brakes lights aren't working, NOW WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2009
This for my 1978 malibu classic

So a couple in an SUV let me know at a stop light yesterday that my brake lights weren't working. This has happened before, but due to a short. They magically began working again without me touching anything. So, I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have a diagram of the fuses, so I can see what else would be on the same fuse, and see if it's blown?

I'm afraid of checking to make sure the lights aren't burnt out, because they are the original tail lights and break light from 1978, can't believe it myself. But I know with my luck, I'd find out they are all ok, and then bust them anyway.

Just to clarify though, the tail lights ARE still working, JUST NOT the break lights.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Had this same thing happen to me on my 87 cutlass. On mine there was a single wire that ran up to the steering colomn that had came loose, i believe it was white on my car. It had came unplugged from the main bundle and was cousing all the lights in the rear to work EXCEPT for my brake lights.Might check under the dash and up the colomn for loose wires, took me 2 weeks to figure mine out but one i found out it was the wire they have worked ever since. Start at the back and work ur way up looking at the wireing, easy to follow all the way. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor