Royse City, TX
I am going the blazer route on my GP and I drive like my car is on fire

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Does anybody know if the 4wd blazer brake brackets are the same as the 2wd? We seem to have a billion 4wd Blazers in the junkyard, 2wd's, not so much. The calipers and pads don't differentiate in the Rockauto catalog, and since I plan on dropping the frontend, I can buy new 2wd drop spindles that use the unit bearing.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Does anybody know if the 4wd blazer brake brackets are the same as the 2wd? We seem to have a billion 4wd Blazers in the junkyard, 2wd's, not so much. The calipers and pads don't differentiate in the Rockauto catalog, and since I plan on dropping the frontend, I can buy new 2wd drop spindles that use the unit bearing.
I don't regret buying the Belltech Blazer drop spindles one bit.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
4wd spindles are different and will NOT work. The balljoints come thru the opposite direction

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
Both my gbodys have the blazer front brakes and they work way better than stock front brakes. Also have on elcamino is using Eldorado rear discs and malibu has ls1 rear disc. Eventually cause my Malibu will be more a track car will be doing c5/c6 fronts with blazer spindles if I need more brakes.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Both my gbodys have the blazer front brakes and they work way better than stock front brakes. Also have on elcamino is using Eldorado rear discs and malibu has ls1 rear disc. Eventually cause my Malibu will be more a track car will be doing c5/c6 fronts with blazer spindles if I need more brakes.
I have Eldo rear disc's on the Monte. I like the idea of off the shelf brakes on a car that hopefully goes back into road trip service when it's done.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor