Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GbodyBeginner

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2012
Hi , I have installed a 9" ford G-body rearend Housing and Moser axles , with 390 gear, detroit locker , built 200 r 4 trans with 3000 stall in my 1987 monte carlo SS . I had to buy new backing plates also . I have also installed a fresh 406 2 bolt main long rod motor victor jr intake with comp cam part # 12-250-3 . Long tube headers . Long story short when using my brakes now it stops good if you travel a good ways between stops but if you are having to stop repeatedly it is very hard to stop . I had no problem before the changes . Any Ideas ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
sounds like your booster is running out of vacuum on repeated stops. What cam do you have?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you have enough vacuum with that cam...does your pedal get hard on frequent stopping

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
I had similar issues with my brakes....read this post first before replacing a bunch of stuff...I replaced most of my brake system and still had issues....turned out that I had air bubbles in the lines. :blam:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37113

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor