Brand new manual trans question

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
Put it in the car, get it running then try it. Let the fluid be moved around before thinking something is wrong.

Waaaay overthinking this here. If you didn't grasp from my screen name here I may know a few things about manual transmissions.....
he is right, put it in the car. on the bench cold and new it could be a little stiff. then it is what your definition of hard shifting is.

Mighty

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2022
Ok thanks, that’s the kind of assurance I was hoping for and why I asked in my original post “if this stuff just needs broken in”. Appreciate it.

Mighty

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2022
Right man, got it. Now I know this might very well be normal and I’m happy to know that. Thanks for all the info guys. I’m sorry if I annoyed anyone but this is my first time messing with a manual transmission. If I run into anything else I’m not sure about I’ll ask elsewhere next time.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
If a little bit of blunt answers is all it takes to run you off I'm surprised you get your hands dirty working on that car.

You wear gloves.. 🤔🤣

Don't worry next time we'll keep our knowledge to ourselves and let you run circles around nothing..

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I've had new synchro rings be sticky on the bench and kinda bind the trans into 2 gears. I've found this while grabbing all 7 gears on the bench before it goes into the car. Requires me to spin the input while immobilizing the output. Stick it in the car and drive it, it's probably fine.
This right here. I bench test mine the same way, while building lube the inside of the Synchro Rings with fluid and put it together. Spin the Input while shifting between gears to see if everything is good. Even spinning by hand lines up the dogs when the Sliders move. Can't just shift and get them to line up with nothing turning.

But we are meanies....

Goodbye GIF

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor