Brougham/Salon Wide Trim Window Sweeps Found!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I E-Mailed Steele Rubber Products looking for a set of window sweeps for my 1985 Cutlass Supreme Brougham (should fit 81-88) and they say that they do have them. I know a lot of people have been looking for them as most sites only have the ones that don't use the wide door top trim pieces. Anyhow, here's the E-Mail I received back from them, complete with part number:

Thanks for checking with Steele Rubber Products. Part 80-0529-57 is the
set that you would re-use your existing exterior molding with.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks again,

Trent Poole
Customer Service Dept./Research
Steele Rubber Products

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
What's this again? Have any pics? And is this only for the brougham edition or will they work on the regular cutlass supreme?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The regular Cutlass Supreme ones have been available for a long time now, but not the Brougham and Salon pieces. They have the regular ones too, as do a lot of places.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
GM listed these sweeps as " with reveal" ( chrome on top of door) and "without reveal ( no chrome on top of door).inner sweeps are the same. softseal does sell both styles, but the old one is a rivet job ( with reveal is rivetted to the chrome, and without reveal is rivetted to interior and screwed to door) softseal replacements require the old rivet removed and re-rivet. I have seen both styles and are not an EXACT match.......but the closest i have seen

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor