Bucket Seat Rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
I removed my rails off my seats, because they are rusted. I put them in the rust removal and now I need to cover them to stop them from rusting again. What is the best way to take them apart if I can to paint?

Attachments

• IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 657

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
pontiacgp said:
the rails are put together with solid steel rivets and they can be drilled out to take the rails apart and make sure you use right solid rivets to put them back together........to remove rust on large parts I have use this method and a large plastic storage container

http://www.instructables.com/id/Electro ... aka-Magic/

Thanks Pontiacgp. I have the rust off them already, but I do like your method (will be using in future). If I have to take rivets out then I may just paint what I can without taking them apart. I never replaced them before, always paid someone to replace rivets. Trying to save money now.
Thanks Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor