but
they aren't practical
i mean i was with my girl the other day and we were feeling a little froggy
and damn did those bench seats come in handy
and i can't tell you how many times ive slept in my car and they came in handy
oh and gah are they comfortable
so tell me what you think
bucket seats practicality vs. cool

well it sounds like youre a teenager, so yes i can see the practicality for you :wink: But if i feel "froggy" i have a house for that. As well as a bed to sleep in, lol. If youre someone who takes a lot of high speed corners, then i can see the practicality of buckets. For me buckets are no more or less practical than a bench, i just think theyre cool!! 😀

I'm married, there is no longer any such thing as getting froggy in the car anymore :rofl:

I just like the bucket seats much better then a bench seat, and honestly didn't get this car for practicality. We have an '03 Bonneville (supercharged of course LOL ) for practicality / family vehicle, though we will take the Cutlass to most places in the summer because, let's face it... it's just cooler 8)

I agree a house is better, however my bench seats in my 85' I still miss only because of how handy they came in at the drive-in. Console and the buckets definitely look better but they are definitely in the way for anything else. I hated my column shifter though, floor shifter is much better. I like both setups. Buckets=class, Bench=Room to play lol

Every day car has a bench, every-other-day car has buckets. :lol:

Done it in the car many a time, and they were in bucket seats that go back, all the way. 8)
Slept in the car a few times, also with the seat all the way back. 😉
The back seat is a bench seat anyhow and yes, it's also handy. :roll:

One criteria in car buying I have -- the front seats MUST be able to fold back.

Buckets seats are cool, and should fold back, for practicality, ie. if you wanted to like look at the stars or something with your girl. There is no need for bench seats up front... just my opinion. :mrgreen:

haha just a random post
but to answer your question
yes i am a teenager
well 18 so technically adult
but still a teen
that just goes to show you dont have to be old(no offense to you older guys just a term i use to describe you the people that grew up during the birth of the g-body) and married to have an old cool car
but i do like the bucket seats they are cool and as far as leaning em back and looking at the stars goes
yea that helps if you have t-tops or a sunroff which i am sadly enough without

but i appreciate the input
just wanted to see what everyone else though
oh and to you "old" guys on hereid like to thank you for making the g-body what it is today
cause everyone wants the car that was cool when they were a kid
but my generation isnt going to have anything cool to look back on except fart cans and oversides spoilers
which arent cool in any way

i have one of the best exuses i used to switch to buckets, "its easier to get the car seat in and out hunny". it worked to but damn it really does make it easier, seat goes forward more. other than that i like the buckets cause they feel more stable. my bench was fine really and if it wasnt a split bench that allowed direct bucket bolt in i would have left it in there

redneckracer305 said:
i have one of the best exuses i used to switch to buckets, "its easier to get the car seat in and out hunny".
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor