Bucket Seats Cool vs. Practical

Status
Not open for further replies.
going with buckets.... why? cause the bench seat my no option car only came with a solid bench, and the buckets were a mint pic-a-part $35 for the pair! :wink:

Detroitboy beat me to it. Don't you have a back seat???? As for practicality, you want to sit up close and passenger wants to kick back- no way with a bench. Dual reclining buckets and everybody is happy.

supkylesup said:
Why is everyone taking out the bench seats and putting in the bucket seats
...and damn did those bench seats come in handy

Hah! I love it.

I'm keeping my bench seat. It is comfortable, sort of like a couch, where the bucket seats fit more like a glove.

But one reason is that even though it's been a long time since I used one for anything other than sitting my big butt down, I have some really great memories of younger (and singler) days: back roads, drive-in movies, and dark parking lots.
-and how about driving down the road with the GF sitting right up against you with her hand on your thigh?

Couldn't have built those memories with bucket seats, and sometimes moving to the back seat just takes too much time!

azmalibuwagon said:
supkylesup said:
Why is everyone taking out the bench seats and putting in the bucket seats
...and damn did those bench seats come in handy

Hah! I love it.

I'm keeping my bench seat. It is comfortable, sort of like a couch, where the bucket seats fit more like a glove.

But one reason is that even though it's been a long time since I used one for anything other than sitting my big butt down, I have some really great memories of younger (and singler) days: back roads, drive-in movies, and dark parking lots.
-and how about driving down the road with the GF sitting right up against you with her hand on your thigh?

Couldn't have built those memories with bucket seats, and sometimes moving to the back seat just takes too much time!
:rofl: Well said bro! Never thought of it that way.

With the price and scarcity of NOS parts for the interior of these cars, I prefer not to do anything in them but sit and drive.

There's no girl worth enough to accidentally hit an AC vent, dash woodgrain, door panel, etc. and break it. :wink:

And the stock buckets are terrible at keeping you in the seat during an Autocross event so I can tell you that with a bench, you'd be on the other side of the car!

I chucked my bench seat cause I couldn't sit in the car with it. Me being 6' 4" and all, I had to custom make brackets to get the seat further away from the pedals and also lower the brackets so my head would clear the roof. Even now, I think I've grown cause it sometimes feels like i'm loosing knee space in my bu. So basically, I'm so damn big I couldn't do anything with my girl in that car even if I wanted to. Good thing is I wear a size 14 shoe... :wink: :wink: 8)

patmckinneyracing said:
I chucked my bench seat cause I couldn't sit in the car with it. Me being 6' 4" and all, I had to custom make brackets to get the seat further away from the pedals and also lower the brackets so my head would clear the roof. Even now, I think I've grown cause it sometimes feels like i'm loosing knee space in my bu. So basically, I'm so damn big I couldn't do anything with my girl in that car even if I wanted to. Good thing is I wear a size 14 shoe... :wink: :wink: 8)

So its not just me that thinks the stock seats sit too far forward! I replaced my wore out split bench with some nice power bucket and im only 6ft and I feel like im close to the dash with the seat all the way back. Not jamed in but id be nice to be 3 inches back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor