Buick 350 Swap / CCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Current transmission is a TH350-C. I may end up just using a switch but I like the idea of something 'automated'.
I made trips to two machine shops today. One's supposed to be open & is closed, and the guy I need to talk to at the other is out. 0 for 2.
I appreciate all of the help & comments...

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
The T-350-C is just a normal T-350 but with a lock-up converter. You should get a factory manual and read up on all the things that are part of the factory lock-up system. Like everything else it is all supposed to work in concert so operation is seamless. My problem was that I removed the entire computer and attending hardware. But once I read the wiring diagrams and saw that all it did was ground a wire that energized a solenoid inside the transmission, toggle switch was the simple answer.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
No ccc. Too much work for a severely limiting fuel management system. Just hei and a qjet, nothing fancy. Got about 14mpg with a .470ish life crower level 3 cam.

CCC can support 400 to 500 hp, and yes it has been done. Problem is for the OP is that there is no stock Buick V8 CCC as a baseline to build up.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I should add that when I ran the T-350-C I had a problem with it staying locked up longer than it should. There is a high gear sensor switch inside the valve body that is only supposed to enable lockup when in high gear. It worked that way for engaging lockup, but tended to stay locked up almost until I came to a dead stop. I got tired of that so when I switched to a manual trans I never looked back.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor