Buick 350

In that case you got the world's best street engine. Just do what I used to call a $100 rebuild. [not with today's money] The timing set, oil pump kit, water pump, carb rebuild, oil pan and valve cover gaskets, anything that can wear out without opening the engine. You will learn about the 'vaseline trick' to pack the oil pump to prime it. Paint it, install it. Good to go.
I’ve never done anything like this so I’m stoked to see if I can do it.

Reactions: 1 user
Do both main seals as well if the motor checks out.

Looks good. Casting number says it is a 72-80 block so it is a low compression engine. I would put it on a stand pull the pan and check the bearing clearance on the last two rod bearings. Let us know what you find.
I think that might be above my pay grade. I’ll have to watch some YouTube videos.

Most of the brands are similar, you should be fine no matter which one you chose. Cork/rubber or straight rubber with a rigid carrier is best. Not sure if rope your only option for a rear main seal.

So my buddy picked the motor up for me and he didn’t notice this part was broken. Is this gonna be hard to find?

What part?
Sorry I forgot to load the pics.
D6948380-940E-41C8-BB57-39F3AC74B414.jpeg

Attachments

• C86F2850-331F-42BE-84BD-99E9C701490E.jpeg
    C86F2850-331F-42BE-84BD-99E9C701490E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 75

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor