BUICK 86-87 Turbo Scanmaster 2.1- Seeking QUALITY bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Has anyone found or know of a quality bracket for the Buick Scanmaster? They sell one on eBay that sits atop the steering wheel column, I like this idea, but not the cheap look of a bent piece of metal from a side view perspective. Picture from the eBay item listing attached to get a visual. Thanks in advance!

1615570949078.png

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
What is it?

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
What is it?
Ill copy and paste all the features------>

The Scan Master will show you:

• O2 - Oxygen sensor millivolts
  • KR - Knock Retard
  • AF - MAF Airflow in grams/sec
  • LV8 - Load Value
  • BAT - Voltage to the ECM
  • INT - Integrator
  • BLM - Block Learn Multiplier
  • MPH - Miles Per Hour
  • CLT - Coolant Temp
  • ATS - Air Intake Temp
  • RPM - Current Engine RPM
  • TPS - Throttle Position in volts
  • IAC - Idle Air Control motor commanded position
  • CC - Oxygen Sensor Cross Counts
  • MAL - Malfunction Codes

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
For all intents and purposes It's an $18 bluetooth phone OBD scanner but since it's OBD1 its $200.

I have one and just stuck it to the dash.

I swear I have seen one thats plastic and blends in with the column but I can't remember. I'll probably remember it at like 2am tonight.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
For all intents and purposes It's an $18 bluetooth phone OBD scanner but since it's OBD1 its $200.

I have one and just stuck it to the dash.

I swear I have seen one thats plastic and blends in with the column but I can't remember. I'll probably remember it at like 2am tonight.
I like the column look, but not of the cheap looking bracket, if it was all boxed in so you couldn't tell it was just a bent piece of metal or plastic, id be ok with it

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
No sarcasm - find someone that can tig. And I don't mean functionally, I mean aesethitically. I know a guy nearby, IIRC that's nearby you as well.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
No sarcasm - find someone that can tig. And I don't mean functionally, I mean aesethitically. I know a guy nearby, IIRC that's nearby you as well.
Really good point! Appreciate that, hadn't really thought of that, thank you

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Really good point! Appreciate that, hadn't really thought of that, thank you
I bought a trans from the local junkyard that pokes a hole in pan to drain them. I gave the pan to a guy and asked 'can you weld this for me so it don't leak?" He gave it back and I couldn't tell where the hole was from the inside or outside.

And it didn't leak either.

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
There was a guy on Turbo Buick selling a nice ones a while back. It was molded plastic with or without a extra hole for a gauge. Snoop around there and I am sure you will find it.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor