Buick Encore vs. Chevy Trax

Status
Not open for further replies.

HADA442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2017
All:

I've been kicking around all sorts of options for a new daily driver, and if I go the brand-new route: I have my options narrowed-down to a Buick Encore and a Chevy Trax. Is anyone on here currently leasing (or purchased?) one of the two; or both (Lol)? Thoughts? Things you like, don't like, etc.? Thanks, in-advance!

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I didn't know anybody still purchased new GM vechicals if they wanted reliable transportation. That's not a wisecrack. The General just doesn't make good cars compared to many other makes.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
My father in law has a Trax. He likes it. I've driven it, it's ok. Just not my cup of tea.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
If you are going to buy a Korean made SUV, why not a Kia Sportage or a Hyundai Tuscon?

Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I think the Trax is made in Mexico, the Encore is made in Korea. The main difference between the two is nicer trim on the Buick, rear discs, and a slightly more powerful direct-injected engine (153 hp/177 lb-ft vs. 138 hp/148 lb-ft). There are also a few options you can get on the Buick you can't get on the Trax, like driver-side memory seats. Either are OK if you just want a runabout cute ute. Neither of them are rated for towing anything. Personally, I'd probably go for something a size larger like an Escape or Equinox.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I didn't know anybody still purchased new GM vechicals if they wanted reliable transportation. That's not a wisecrack. The General just doesn't make good cars compared to many other makes.

This sounds like the GM from the early 2000s
Their new cars are just as good as everyone else has.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor