Buick V6 Megasquirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
gutless supreme said:
RegalBegal said:
As for converting to FI, Why? For all the cost and aggravation, It's way easier to swap in a small block Chevy.

Plenty of reasons, but most importantly - I don't want a SBC. I'm not trying to build a fast car here, just a DD I can drive a ton of miles and enjoy. Also, I've always really liked the Buick V6 and this one (as well as the car around it) only has a legit 40k miles on it... seems like such a waste to pull it already. The only other thing that's going along with the EFI is a cam, maybe more sometime down the road but that's it for now... so it's not exactly going to cost a fortune.

Actually, I couldn't agree more. That's why I went with a Buick 455. I just wasn't sure what your goals were. Too bad though, My Regal had a very solid 231, with only 79K on it, in it when I got it. Sold the heads, dumped the rest as no one wanted it. The thing is, I got the car in Moriches NY, my old stomping grounds! BTW, 231 heads are the same casing number, turbo or not. :mrgreen:

Nice looking engine! Buicks are one engine you CAN mount the manifold backward on. That's because the front and rear ends are identical and also, unlike a Chevy, there's no distributor poking through the manifold. You may want to give it a try, it may solve your firewall clearance issues.

Thanks for the complpiments. 😀 I am using that EBL on my Chevy, love it, controls the nitrous, fans, has wideband, etc. It may be a bit cheaper than MS too.

As far as the intake, definitely keep us posted. I saw a few 3800 series I builds, and they had the intake facing forward, so like regalbegal, it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor