Build Thread-85 Cutlass Brougham-New Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3G's

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 26, 2007
Taber Alberta, Canada
Dude, after reading this whole thread, you sound exactly like my best friend I've had for 20 years. My cousin just moved down to Florida and when the wife and I go for a visit next summer, I'm looking you up!
Good luck with...well everything. My thoughts are with you.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks. I am really hoping to get some things back in order in about two weeks. I need to do the roof work myself to save money, but I might have the rest of the car painted by someone else to save time if it's not too pricey. Both those things need to be done now so that I can get my house back, and have a chance to have a normal life and have people over to my house should the need arise. I am buried in car parts and it drives me nuts.

As far as living back home is concerned, Thanksgiving is making me think twice about it. My parents are a bit too controlling and they would probably drive me nuts. I love them dearly, but I don't think I could take living with them in close quarters. I had forgotten that I moved 20 miles away from them for a reason... I gotta find another option, or maybe get a good paying internship or apprenticeship so that I can do school and work in my field. I dunno, but I gotta do something.

shane93nc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2008
charlotte
I just read all of this post too and I wish you the best of luck with whatever choices you make. Put your trust in God and you will get what yuo want. And that color you have for your car looks like the Ford True Blue Metalic. It was used on the later model cars. I had an 02 Saleen vert and was painted True Blue with a tan top. I loved that color. It was a very dark blue but kinda had a purpleish hue to it. One thing about that color though is that its very hard to match it up in spot repairs. Good luck.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks for the kind words. I don't care too much about spot repairs anyhow, mostly because I only care that the car does not look like it's being driven by a drug addict or drunk so the cops don't hassle me. Most people would never notice a minor blemish anyhow, and would just think it's a nice older car. That stuff used to bother me, but now I just want to drive it. If it gets messed up, it's just a car. As long as it runs and drives and isn't hideous, I am happy.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
a car is not a car if you have to worry about it all the time about not being perfect, however i say that and yet i still try to keep mine near perfect ha but just slap some paint on it and finish it up

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Dings and chips happen. It's part of enjoying your car. If something big happens, at least it's a relatively new, factory color, and mixing up a blendable match should be no problem.

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Dude, trust me just get it done and drive it. I know what it feels like. I tried to take care of every little detail on my car to the Nth degree for years. At some point you just have to admit that you have done your best and get it on the road. I know where every flaw on my car is, I see them in my dreams even, but no one else has noticed them and I do not car if they do.

Me and my cats have a motto "Perfect Enough". Nothing is ever really perfect, all cars have at least some flaws, on the real nice ones they are real small, but I'll bet the owner knows where they all are, and laments every one. Good luck on your problems, I do not mean to make less of them. Maybe getting your car done is just what you need to get you feeling better. Don't you have a friend that could let you use their garage and /or help you paint it yourself (drape everything in plastic to avoid overspray)? You don't really need a booth, an 80% perfect paint job is better than a 100% perfect plan.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I can get the booth any time I need it, but I have not had time this semester. Plus, now it's getting cold out, so I can't paint it at 2am like I normally do, I actually have to do it during the daylight hours.

As for feeling better, the car won't make a damn bit of difference. It matters little to me now other than the fact that it is occupying too much space, and I need it as a backup to deliver pizza with. I'd go into detail, but it's been said before and there is nothing I can ever do to change what bothers me.

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
you could stop mopeing and bang some girls already.
It may seem brash but in this day and age, finding a girl to marry you before you pound her out isnt going to happen.

in other news, paint the car bro. its being apart is doing no good for you, atleast when its done you can close that chapter and move on to the next.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I'd just be happy with someone to date. Sex, if it happens, it happens. At this point I am not terribly picky, but there is no one around me that I can even ask out. I find myself getting more and more isolated, with no one left that I can relate to. That is as much the problem as the lack of a girl, it's complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor