buyer beware on Jegs headers !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
No way jose' Was a v8 305 vin code H car 200R4 Meaning it does not have an offset mount.

The stock member was not right for the Th 350. so I purchased a performance cross member for the 350/ th350 g body combo. There is a considerable difference in length between the 200R4 and the 9" tail shaft TH 350 which is what I have.

No v6 was ever in this car.

Blaze

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Ok it was a v8 car i get it. When did the motor mounts get changed on this last motor swap or the knocking motor swap?? Can you post a pic of your mounts on frame? Looking a pics my motor in my car seems to be forward more or maybe its me. Also regardless of long tail or short tail the trans mounts are in the same spot the rear housing is just longer. But I am sure you know that. The 6cyl trans mount/ crossmember would have worked which makes sence on why the 200r4 wouldnt because that mount was probably 3-4" towards the back of car. But looking at the pic of #7 exh tube it does shoot out to no mans land for no reason.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
motor mounts were changed during first 350 install. Trying to hold the bolts from inside the front cross member was
like circ-desol - A Getting the new mounts on and nuts tightened without dropping the bolt. so yes they were replaced
in the exact same location as the 305. Like I said if the motor was further forward the #7 tube would have interfered
with the steering column.

Looks like allot of what if's and could haves, but this is what I've got.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
I hear you there!! Im sure the headers a little f'd up as far as bends i see what your talking about in pics. Maybe they should say works with floor shift with removal of coulumn rod. Well there in now so no reason for everyone to keep going back and forth on the what ifs.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
Heddman Hedders, I bought the same ones and ran into the same thing. The left collector was bent towards the trans and the tubes were bent wrong, I called the techline guy, he is an idiot. I got so pissed off I gave them away...I used dynamax headers they fit great..BTW I am a field engineer for an OEM..so on that Note, Heddman can pound sand with their hacked up crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor