Buzzing in dash somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
is your headlight warning and key reminder warning working properly?

and with the key in run without the engine running do you still have the buzzzzzzzzz

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I disconnected the speakers and the blower motor too! I'm stumped!

I know it's a stretch but speakers have coils in them and maybe interference from the coil is still affecting them? Pain in the *ss to remove speakers so I'd keep looking elsewhere. Can you make us a longer video of the sound. Get some revs in. Put the camera by the floor inside and also under the hood near the firewall? I'm invested in this one.

Reactions: 1 user

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
is your headlight warning and key reminder warning working properly?

and with the key in run without the engine running do you still have the buzzzzzzzzz
The chime is working okay! And no buzz with key in not running.

I’ll try to get under this dash tomorrow.

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
I know it's a stretch but speakers have coils in them and maybe interference from the coil is still affecting them? Pain in the *ss to remove speakers so I'd keep looking elsewhere. Can you make us a longer video of the sound. Get some revs in. Put the camera by the floor inside and also under the hood near the firewall? I'm invested in this one.
I’ll try to get another vid tomorrow. Buzz is consistent, doesn’t change with revs.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Sounds like an amplifier buzzing or humming.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
evil laugh gremlins GIF

I ain't never seen no shirt like that before!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Is it possible that you have a buzzer for your key to tell you if you haven't removed it from the switch once you turn the car off and go to leave it that has shorted out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor