camber

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
Hey guys got a problem here with my sons regal am gonna shoot sum pics and let you guys see soon.. anyway here is the problem. The camber looks to be seriously off..The front wheels, the bottom of it sticks out about 3 inches.. is this a tough job to do by yourself or do you think one of the local shops can fix dat for me ...
war

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Take it to a alignment shop bro .

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
are you using stock components for the upper and lower control arm and spindle?

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
pontiacgp said:
are you using stock components for the upper and lower control arm and spindle?
yes its all stock , when I bought the car I notice both front tires was cutting on the inside and loked like someone did a little wrk to the controll arms . The allignment is good the car runs straight but the bottom of both frnt tires are sticking out further than the top of the tires..
warmonga

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that's a negative camber...The book says these cars have a 3/4º positive camber. I have a 1/2º negative camber cause the car handles better and with wider tires the G body has a terrible tendency of scuffing the outside treads of the front tire. That being said it's usually the toe that cause the inside or outside of the tire to wear prematurely and not the camber

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
here are the pics.. look at the bottom of the wheels how they are sticking out .. does this men I have to take SHIMS out or Add SHIMS?

thanksReggie

Attachments

• 100_4043.JPG
    100_4043.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 586
  • 100_4044.JPG
    100_4044.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 593

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
to me the front springs look to be too tall which would cause the condition in the pictures

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
it doesn't look too far out. I say leave the negative camber and build a drift regal :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor