can i put 22s on my 86 cutlass with out lifting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thurpp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2009
i want to get some 22s but i dont want to lift it. is it possible to fit them with out rubbing and still have full turning capabilities

n33no

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Get some new shocks and stock spring in the front. Then for the back, stock springs and air shocks. For the rims, go with a 22x8 with a 30 series tire and you'll be golden.

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
x2 on new coils, we picked up almost 2 inches on the monte ss by going to new rear springs, before the 245/60r15s would rub.

The air shocks are nice, I had them in my old monte, I would raise it up for the slicks and it worked well.

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
If you are going to add more stress to the front suspension I would replace all the worn parts, plus new bushings will bring it up a bit if your old bushings are allowing the front end to sag.

SuicidedRegal

Apprentice
Aug 17, 2009
Ohio
I got 2" lift coils from Performance Suspension Technology. I just sold them last week. They worked great though. I've seen guys not touch the suspension & put 24"s on there cars with 275/25/24 tires.

CHRIZ28

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2009
Pocahontas, AR
Haha, I dunno. They can't hold much air fully inflated anyways. lol. Might as well just be solid rubber.

Chris

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
CHRIZ28 said:
Haha, I dunno. They can't hold much air fully inflated anyways. lol. Might as well just be solid rubber.

Chris

I thought about that, but they'd be more hell to put on the rims than they are already. Never rode in a car with those type of rims/tires on it, but you'd have to feel every bump in the road. Can't be a very comfortable ride.

CHRIZ28

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2009
Pocahontas, AR
Yea, on my WS6 the 17's (26" overall height) ride pretty stiff. I've rode in several (owned one) with 18's (26's still) and they were noticeably harsher. Can't imagine going bigger. Now my brothers ram had factory 20's on it, but they were like 31" tall, so it rode ok. Sorry OP for the hijack.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor