1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
wow,yes it can be fixed,buy the time it is said and done you would be cheaper in the long run to go to the nearest yard and buy one. i think i paid 45.00 last time i needed one.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
wonderboy24 said:
wow,yes it can be fixed,buy the time it is said and done you would be cheaper in the long run to go to the nearest yard and buy one. i think i paid 45.00 last time i needed one.

Don't forget to add in a new lock cylinder, unless the junkyard one comes with the keys. Cost is probably pretty close to the same. The time to replace just depends on skill level. I've done so many in my day that it would be pretty close to the same amount of time to swap the column or fix that damage.

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
http://www.suffolklock.com/products/sec_collar2.gif
sec_collar2.gif

I have one of these on mine after it was stolen, recovered and the column was broken again but the ignition interupt stopped them from taking it the second time. It is pretty permanent and worked well for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor