Candy silver metallic paint process started 2/20/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Hey friends, Got started on the new paint job for the monte. Primer was all done except the areas
around the inside door closures which were finished up today as well as the inner trunk area.

The plan is to paint all 3 of these areas tomorrow as well as the door ends. The hood will be pulled off the car
and painted separately at a later date... So tag along on our repaint journey . Less than $500 . Anyone can do exactly what we are doing here. And still get a decent job. We are using Eastwoods Candy silver metallic Urethane, and Euro clear coat process.

Here is a pic of our paint booth /driveway setup... The sides can be covered as well.
014.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good luck, man! This is the right time of year to be painting a car in Florida...before the heat and humidity encroach on us.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
LR 79 Absolutely Correct. This is the best time and I have been working toward this start date for over 4 months.
I'm hoping to have the whole car painted and the clear coat done in the next 20 to 30 days weather permitting.

Sweetness is the ultimate goal....

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Here are some pics from todays painting session, Trunk/ rear bumper done, all jambs, and a band around the bottom of the body and wheel well openings so the body paint can be blended in during the next session.

002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
006.JPG

Last edited:

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Blaze, why don't you just remove the taillight lenses instead of taping them off that way you can paint on top of the bumper plus not worry about overspray..

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Ok , For one the Caddy lights are wired to the third brake light wires that were in the back window.
For second the tail lights will be removed when the body paint is done here very soon.
I just taped them off while painting the inner trunk area.
For me doing all the "hidden areas" was my first priority.
Now I'm on to the complete body painting in the next session. Save for the hood.... Will be done off the car.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Don't quite understand the caddie lites on the trunk lid but i guess thats why they call it CUSTOMo_O
Wow, my eyesight must be going I thought I read "cable ties" instead of caddie lites.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
I've got plenty O cable ties in this ride too so don't feel bad about the mix up.
I like making my cars different than any others. As you might relate 565bb.
And to see cars like this with real wood in the interior, and some one off parts
tossed into the mix makes for some flavor during conversations.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Here is another update to the painting process ongoing. Did a full day today.
driver side pretty much done, as well as much of the trunk lid. And some on the right rear quarter.
I found that the flake is large enough in this paint to clog the filter screen in the gun after just 2 -6 oz
spray sessions. So i'm have to stop to clean the gun out on a regular basis which eats more time.
So I ran out of time today around 3pm after starting at 11 am. ( here's another pic )

001.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor