CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
I know this isnt the place for questions, but i have looked and cant find the answer anywhere... maybe its never been asked, but i doubt it... SO, my 82 mc looks like someone took a weed wacker to its wiring... has a 350sbc, and who ever put it in left a rats nest of wires... pulled the ecm... HAS THE TYPICAL G-BODY 6 GAUGE CLUSTER... only gauge that works is fuel and that never drops below 1/4... i found out tach is #17 on dash harness, (started tracing the wire, all 6" of it), i am going to run a new wire and filter, but here is what i am looking for, ANYONE HAVE A DIAGRAM FOR THE GUAGE HARNESS? SOMETHING SIMPLE LIKE #1 GOES TO ----- #2/7 GOES TO ---- I AM A TOTAL MORON when it comes to cars, but, ITS MY MONTE DAMN IT AND NO ONE SHALL WORK ON HER BUT ME... i can do the simple stuff, replace alt, starter, ps pump, fuel pump, radiator, shocks, coils, brakes, just did the brake backing plate, etc... YOUTUBE HELPS ALOT... watch something done, and do it... anything straight forward, remove n install... but, i know i can do more, i just have never done the fun stuff like replacing pistons n rods, etc... THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ANY HELP AND LISTENING TO MY RAMBLINGS... 1983 4-DOOR MALIBU, PARTS UP FOR GRABS, FREE OR NEAR FREE... ALL INTERIOR TRIM IS PERFECT... DASH IS CRACKED... PM ME... ONLY REASON I AM TEARING HER DOWN IS CAUSE THE LAST 6" OF THE FRAME RAILS ROTTED OUT...

Attachments

• IMG_20140120_210506.jpg
    IMG_20140120_210506.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 414

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
This might help you out to begin with.
http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring.html If I'm not mistaken, there's more information on this site, such as what color wire goes to what # on the instrument plug.
I'm sure someone will chime in.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
awesome, thanks i will go check it out... noticed you have a 79 malibu wagon... need any parts? free... lol, i am getting rid of my 83 that is in excellent condition except the last 6" of the frame rotted out... gotta love Connecticut winters...

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Is the car you listed a wagon? I thought it was a 4-door. What kind of shape are the doors in? Bottoms shot? I need a spare right rear door for my wagon.

ssn696

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
BPTTONE420012 said:
awesome, thanks i will go check it out... noticed you have a 79 malibu wagon... need any parts? free... lol, i am getting rid of my 83 that is in excellent condition except the last 6" of the frame rotted out... gotta love Connecticut winters...

I also didn't realize it was a wagon. Now that's a different story. I wish I was located closer, I would gladly take more parts.
I'll send you a PM.

BTW, here's some more gauge cluster wiring information that you might find helpful.
http://www.gbodycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587

Just a thought. If your wiring is badly hacked up, you might consider removing the harness from the Malibu. Whether it's the dash harness, or the under hood wiring. It should interchange with your Monte Carlo. That's the beauty of these type of cars.
If there's additional help that you need, I'm sure you'll be able to find it here, or a member will steer you in the right direction.

Thanks!

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
NOT A WAGON.... Its the 4-door sedan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor