Interesting find.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
While trying to research what Wheel covers (Hubcaps) my '79 LeMans had SUPER Base car. (P01) < Picture?, I looked at my PHS build sheet and it shows my car was ordered with UN9, Radio Suppression. But doesn't list the Radio at all. Unless they didn't. hmm. Anyways my other questions were. Did Radio Delete plates exist on these cars & lastly. Are there any Aftermarket front (3.5") Corner Dash speakers that are plug-in-play with the Factory plugin connectors? or any adaptors you guys can suggest? I am about to pull out my dash this week and want to know. Thanks.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
While trying to research what Wheel covers (Hubcaps) my '79 LeMans had SUPER Base car. (P01) < Picture?, I looked at my PHS build sheet and it shows my car was ordered with UN9, Radio Suppression. But doesn't list the Radio at all. Unless they didn't. hmm. Anyways my other questions were. Did Radio Delete plates exist on these cars & lastly. Are there any Aftermarket front (3.5") Corner Dash speakers that are plug-in-play with the Factory plugin connectors? or any adaptors you guys can suggest? I am about to pull out my dash this week and want to know. Thanks.
I've had radio delete plates out of early regals, so, yes for at least some of the models.

Reactions: 1 user

Mighty

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2022
79 Malibu wagon. That’s what my radio delete plate looks like.
IMG_7149.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Just wanted to update the post I've been told this is supposedly what the p01 deluxe wheel covers are can anyone verify.
Screenshot_20230823-164944.png

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Screenshot_20230823-234413_Chrome.jpg

$7.65 with free shipping on an order over 35 bucks on that jungle website. They also have them for the rear speakers and the radio as well.

Reactions: 1 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
View attachment 226812
$7.65 with free shipping on an order over 35 bucks on that jungle website. They also have them for the rear speakers and the radio as well.
Hmm interesting, so. How exactly do these work? I've started to take out the accessories and unbolt my dashboard. I will look for my Corner speaker connectors again tomorrow, It was unfortunate to hear that more than likely i won't be able to use the Stock AM/FM radio with the Subwoofer & Amp lol. :( At least Retro Sound makes a Factory stock style with a Built-in Amp and Bluetooth.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Hmm interesting, so. How exactly do these work? I've started to take out the accessories and unbolt my dashboard. I will look for my Corner speaker connectors again tomorrow, It was unfortunate to hear that more than likely i won't be able to use the Stock AM/FM radio with the Subwoofer & Amp lol. :( At least Retro Sound makes a Factory stock style with a Built-in Amp and Bluetooth.
Being a Pontiac tour front speakers may have the same type of connector as the rear speakers. I was going throughthe wire stash to find my new to me front wires from a Grand Prix don't have the same connector as the Monte's original like what was shown,

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Being a Pontiac tour front speakers may have the same type of connector as the rear speakers. I was going throughthe wire stash to find my new to me front wires from a Grand Prix don't have the same connector as the Monte's original like what was shown,
Didn't know the rear had connectors. I was told your two wires would twist together, for non-originals maybe. lol. There's Bonnieville out at the salvage yard i go too. 1983 or 1986 i can't remember. I should be able to salvage the speakers and connectors, if not i have a complete interior harness from the '78 Grand LeMans i parted out. But the rear ones were gone.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor