Car Lift Options for Home Use

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
Hi everyone,

Looks like the '08 Accord needs front axles due to bearing noise. Anyone have recommendations on lifts for home use so I can get under the car safely? What do you use to get the car up high enough to do suspension work like this?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Quick Jack's. Allows service in the center of the vehicle too. Light enough to move around by yourself and can be stored upright against a wall.
16495184295047039087176682990034.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Quick Jack's. Allows service in the center of the vehicle too. Light enough to move around by yourself and can be stored upright against a wall. View attachment 196154

They are a good home gamer solution.

Just put jack stands under the corners for added protection.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I am contemplating something like these. Its a low height 2 post that unbolts for storage and max usage of space.

Reactions: 2 users

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
I am contemplating something like these. Its a low height 2 post that unbolts for storage and max usage of space.

This looks great but I'm unsure of the concrete floor I have. Maxjax says min 4 inches of 3000 psi concrete and posts located min 6 inches from any seams or inconsistencies in the floor.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If you have the room, the money and level concrete to work on, I would consider a 4 post lift with a castor kit so you can roll it around to get it out of the way or roll it out outside to work on something. they do not have to be anchored for use unlike a 2 post.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Oldcarjunkie

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2022
Fate,Texas
I bought a Moog complete knuckle assembly from Rockauto for our 2010 Accord. It comes with pressed in wheel bearing,hub, and ball joint. I used a floor jack for lifting the car and of course jack stand.
I looked on Utube on how to change it out. I believe I also bought a new sensor.

Reactions: 1 user

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
If you have the room, the money and level concrete to work on, I would consider a 4 post lift with a castor kit so you can roll it around to get it out of the way or roll it out outside to work on something. they do not have to be anchored for use unlike a 2 post.
That would be the best all around. I do lack that kind of room though. In the coming years we plan on moving out of CT and up to either VT or NH for many reasons posted many times by others on this site. There, we will have that kind of room and we plan on a nice big shop appropriate for this kind of habit.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor