Carb rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I don't have a digi camera. But here is a pic of the area.

sm-vette1_062.jpg
(alt+p)

The round area on the right side of the pic, my carb has a hole right at the bottom of that.

The other one is right above the primary metering jet that's on the right side (would be passenger side)

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
the round area to the right i'm not sure about, mine has the phenolic insert.
what the screwdriver is pointed to is the Adjustable Part Throttle screw. first, bottom it out counting the turns. then pul it out and slot the top for a screwdriver, clean it up and reinstall it.
what that does is limit how far the power piston/primary rods can go down in it's bore, thus changing the A/F mix at part throttle (the power piston is pulled down by manifold vacuum, the greatest vac is at idle with the throttle closed.). the farther down the leaner it is. BTW the 2 brass fittings on either side of that, on the "floor" sre the primary jets, and the rods that go in there are the primary rods.
there should be an aluminum plug in the air horn that can be easily punched out to allow access to the APT screw. thread that hole and put a plug in there so you can adjust it w/out pulling the carb apart.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Well my carb ( I ran the numbers btw, it's a 1978 carb) has a hole right above the right side (on the pic) primary jet. And IDK if that shold be plugged or not. My other carb doesn't even have the hole.

And in the area where the phenolic insert goes (mine didn't have the black piece, just empty) there is another hole at the bottom in the middle. IDK what to do with that one either.

I wish I had a digi camera so I could take a pic of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor