Carbon Fiber Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
pontiacgp said:
you shouldna said you get parts for a really good price....now you'll see how many "friends" you have... :lol:
I don't know about that statement. I still work in Parts, Manage the Store even, and still don't get bothered too much. Moreso by the regular everyday folks walking in than "friends" at least.
Too bad we don't have CF pads, I guess.

robdman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2006
i hear most of you talking about rotor wear have any of you tryed cryogenic treating your rotors i know i have so i can use a heavy mettalic pad will very little wear and the rotors last about 3 times as long and never get hot spots i pay 15 per rotor locally for the cryo well worth the price

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Haven't yet. Prob will with the Bigger Brakes. Rotors are cheap enough but don't want to do brakes all the time either. Closest Cryo place I've got is on the other side of town and don't remember pricing. Any Pros/Cons to it other than longer life? In your opinion, I've already read the massive book they gave me to read.
FWIW, one of my Fleet customers does the Cryo on Rotors for the large box vans and 2 Ton trucks with good results and fewer brake jobs/failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor