"Cart Before the Horse Project" '79 LeMans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
Here's my Baby, 1984 RPO Y84 Trans Am S/E "Recaro Edition", L69 305 HO, T5, WS6, GT4, G80 w/ 54K miles... not bubblegum wrapper fresh, but far from the typically beaten Early 3rd Gen and a pretty rare beast... also the LAST Year of Pontiac's Y81/Y84 Black and Gold Trans Am S/E's...

1983/84 Recaro Edition Trans Am aka RPO Y84 Ttop or Y81 Non-Ttop versions

Pontiac Sales Brochure:
scan0021.jpg

My Car at Hemmings Musclepalooza several years ago:
DSCN1929.jpg

My Recaro Seats, Tan Leather were only in 1983 and 1984
Picture047.jpg

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
Update: still waiting to hear back from the seller.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
niCE 8) DAMN I NEED TO FIND SOME OF THOSE SEATS!!!did did the k.i.t car have these?

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
Thank God it didnt, because there'd be no '83/84 Trans Am S/Es left.

The original KITT started out as a well-optioned '82 Trans Am, originally with a Cross-fire 305, Tan interior, and "PMD" Viscount seats. '82 Trans Am S/Es have a Black interior with Black cloth Recaros.

Real Y81 & Y84 '82-'84 Trans Am S/E's are fairly rare and manual versions the rarest and most valuable intact/original. Y81 versions are the rarest... making a minty hardtop, manual the most valuable version.
'81: Recaro Seat option production unknown but very few made.
'82: 2500
'83: approx 2000
'84: 1321

All Recaro Seat 'Birds: (any Bird originally equipped with Recaros is fairly rare and is worth salvaging)
'81 Trans Am S/E with Recaro Edition Option (uber rare $$$$)
'81 Daytona 500 Edition Turbo Trans Am...
'82 Daytona 500 Edition Trans Am Festival Car (uber rare $$$$$)
'82 Trans Am S/E aka Recaro Edition
'83 Daytona 500 Edition Trans Am
'83 Trans Am S/E aka Recaro Edition
'84 Trans Am S/E aka Recaro Edition
'84 15th Anniversary Trans Am
'85 Trans Am with Recaro Seat Option
'85 Firebird S/E with Recaro Seat Option
'86 Trans Am with Recaro Seat Option
'86 Firebird S/E with Recaro Seat Option

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Really nice T/A you have there. I hope you finally manage to get that lemans into your paws and post some pics for us.
If you really want a rear glass with the defrost grid, let me know. One of my local yards still has 3-4 lemans` in it and at least one should have the defrost grid. I won`t be able to get there until spring though.
deanlemans81

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
That is awesome!... Thank you for the info!

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
UPDATE:

Still waiting on the CT DMV to finish the paperwork and send it to the dealer so I can purchase it and provide the Mass RMV with the paperwork they want... been slowly acquiring pieces and upgrade parts...
:twisted:

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
Well, its been almost a month... I called the dealer prior to Christmas and he said he was working to get it titled... called him yesterday, he didn't answer and I left a message. Having a bad feeling in my gut about this... if it falls through, it'd be one hell of a shame... but, I've built up a nice stockpile of NOS bits for a '78-81 LeMans... sigh, gonna be a PITA to find another though... there is a minty Silver one with a Bright Red interior/V6 but at $6500, its a bit more than I'm willing to commit to a car that I'd need to gut the interior and drivetrain from. Besides, its a really minty original car.

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
Update:

Well, not really... called the Dealer today. He says everything has been completed & filed on his part... the hold up is now the CT DMV... (sounds like a broken record).

We shall see... a very sharp Grand Prix LJ Ttop I came across out in Michigan... not up for a flight out there, but it'd make for a great road trip home... 1/2 way across the US in the midst of Winter drivin a Grand Prix on tires likely not worth a damn in this weather... Woot! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor