Status
Not open for further replies.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
84cuttynaptown said:
MurielSr. said:
Very nice, I got one almost exactly like yours.......

WOW! almost a mirror image to the point where you are missing the same chrome trim piece. only difference is the location of the exhaust and the white walls....NICE!!
More rare to find an original cutty that DOES have that SS trim on the fender.....they didnt like to stay put :roll:

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
In high school I had the same exact Cutlass as yours, except mine had the chrome rallye wheels. Had the same top, fiber optics, etc. It had a bench seat, but had the rallye gauges.

I looked high and low for another silver Cutlass before buying my new one (red one in my sig). I ended up having to go with one that was highly modified, instead of a silver one. I didn't see any silver ones for sale for like three years of looking.

Nice car man! Great price. I got mine off the original owner too, but the engine was burning oil really bad and needed to be rebuilt or replaced.

84cuttynaptown

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
HurstOlds said:
In high school I had the same exact Cutlass as yours, except mine had the chrome rallye wheels. Had the same top, fiber optics, etc. It had a bench seat, but had the rallye gauges.

I looked high and low for another silver Cutlass before buying my new one (red one in my sig). I ended up having to go with one that was highly modified, instead of a silver one. I didn't see any silver ones for sale for like three years of looking.

Nice car man! Great price. I got mine off the original owner too, but the engine was burning oil really bad and needed to be rebuilt or replaced.

Your cutlass is mean looking!! very nice

84cuttynaptown

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
pontiacgp said:
JBreu said:
Hell, You stole that 'Cutty!!!! Congrats :)

maybe you should go arrest him and confiscate the stolen property..... :mrgreen:

nothing can match the original.... awesome find and congrats

i bet he would like to have it...give me like 5 years i might consider selling it

84cuttynaptown

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
bill said:
84cuttynaptown said:
MurielSr. said:
Very nice, I got one almost exactly like yours.......

WOW! almost a mirror image to the point where you are missing the same chrome trim piece. only difference is the location of the exhaust and the white walls....NICE!!
More rare to find an original cutty that DOES have that SS trim on the fender.....they didnt like to stay put :roll:

i have the peices i just need the clips to put them on

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
Good luck finding those clips anywhere! Took me over 2 months to try and locate some.
finally some popped up on eBay.
Bad part was they cost me $20 a piece and they are different for both sides.
Nice cutlass though I paid $900 for mine.
TN car so no rust.
Welcome to the forum we got s great team here.
bw-1.jpg

84cuttynaptown

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
supkylesup said:
Good luck finding those clips anywhere! Took me over 2 months to try and locate some.
finally some popped up on eBay.
Bad part was they cost me $20 a piece and they are different for both sides.
Nice cutlass though I paid $900 for mine.
TN car so no rust.
Welcome to the forum we got s great team here.
bw-1.jpg

dang! that's ridiculous... I found the clips for the door trim on a 80's model Grand Prix they fit perfect... it had the two clips for the front I don't know if they fit like the others did...that's a nice looking Cutty you got there cheap price too

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH

87PontiacGP

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2011
Chilton, Wisconsin
That is a very nice looking Cutlass! :wink: Makes me miss my 1986 Cutlass Supreme Brougham I had to sadly let go.. :cry: Wish I wouldn't have. Hope you have fun with her! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor