Check these out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

78gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2008
Shelley Idaho
Yep times have changed, when i was in high school (90s) everybody had pickups with hunting rifles in the back window or we drove tractors to school occasionally you would see a camero or two that was passed down from one graduating class to the next there was one 74 challenger and one 72 charger. Now all the kids have mini trucks or ricers :cry: and now it is a crime to have weapons on shool grounds, no respect for anything anymore :evil:

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Nice pair of oldsmobiles your dad had there. Im with everyone in saying that my generation, Ill be 29 next week, is the last of the true car buffs. Its sad but there is a severe shortage of good inexpensive platforms to build upon. Id much rather do some body work or build an engine than play a video game. But thats just my mentality.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Thanks for all the coments guys, I'll pass them on to my dad. Yeah, wish the prices of those cars were the same and you could find them anywhere, but as you guys have said, times have definitely changed.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida

lol up until last year thats what I thought it was :oops: lol. cause they are called "cold air inkaes" or "short ram intak" or "warm air intakes". that doesnt bother me, its the ones that dont even know where the oil goes in that bothers me lol.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
yeah exactly :lol:

That and the rich kids that don't have to work to put money into their "super fast" ricer, their parents buy them everything. I have to work for any money that goes into my car. That makes my car worth a whole lot more to me, because I know that what I have is a direct result of my hard work. My parents didn't fork over some cash and tell me to get out of the house :lol:

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada
I agree

pretty much all the work done to my car has come out of my own pocket and all thoughs hours spent in the shop gives me a greater sence of pride and accomplishment.

nice pics of the oldsmobiles they remind me of accouple of old pics of my dads 71 monte i have. thank god he kept it and now its fully restored.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Thats cool. I think that is really awesome when guys have kept one of their first cars through the years, and after restoring it, can really enjoy the car itself and all the memories they had in it.

My dads friend still has his first car, a '69 RS SS camaro convertible, but it definitely needs restored.

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
2000.malibu.ls said:
yeah if i find ANYONE that knows cars ( i mean KNOWS cars) its like a 45 min conversation because not many people can keep up with me that go to my high school. I want to organize a car club, for anyone interested in cars (doesnt have to have a nice one) but i cant find any interest.

i doubt 7/10 of the few "car" people couldnt tell you wher an intake was on a motor, and 9/10 have never heard of a 442...

FAWKKK... don't get me started... 99% of the worlds population dont know what "442" stood for...

i used to get that ALL the time... at least once a day " does it have the 442 in er?"... me: stfu..

kids of today are ****ed... i was born in 83... i dont know what "gen" that makes me.. but it seems anything younger are lazy know it all ****'s who dont respect anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor