Chevy 350 Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
you are right, it was the flexplate, problem solved. And i know its misfiring on cylinder 7 and 6. Cant figure it out though, tested the plugs and they both have spark. Clearly fuel isnt a problem, im thinking compression. I may have over tightened the rocker and now the valve isnt closing? not sure

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Get some rags handy, pop the valve cover off stuff them down in and start the car. Adjust the valves that way. Easiest surefire way in my opinion. Messy but sure.

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
two90west said:
did you use the correct tork specs, if not goggle tork specs for your build or ask the chevy guys on here they will point you in the right direction. great build cant wait till you post more pics and youtube vids. here is my build viewtopic.php?f=24&t=32114 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3SO4lP0Tpg
of course! everything was torqued to the proper spec. i wonder.. could the timing be so far out that its causing misfires?

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
well looks like I have to rebuild the engine again! I relized that spark, timing and fuel were all not my issue. Compression is my issue. Ive also adjusted the valves and the last option is piston rings. Seeing as i bought this as a used short block with "new piston rings" I didnt think to take them all out and look. That also explains why there is oil in the exhaust manifolds only in those 2 dead cylinders. No/Worn piston rings..

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
so now that I have the engine out, im looking into other options for the project. Does anyone have an opinion on what i should do? machine the old block, buy a crate shortblock, buy a crate engine all together? Any advice would help

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
If I had to do it all over I would of bought a crate. For the horsepower I wanted I could have bought one already done WITH A WARRANTY and not touched a thing.

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
CHRIS.O said:
If I had to do it all over I would of bought a crate. For the horsepower I wanted I could have bought one already done WITH A WARRANTY and not touched a thing.
I wish I would have done the same as well, but its not too late seeing as I need a new one. So do you have any good places for pick up a crate engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor