classic car insurance coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
By law, insurers are required to pay ACV in the event of a total loss. (Actual Cash Value). How they arrive at that value is part NADA, part comps, part black magic. It will be up to you to provide proof of value above their valuation.

Avoid stated value, you want agreed value.

FWIW, I collected $1600 on my wagon hail claim on a "regular" insurance policy, and it's far from pristine. I mention this to show that not every estimator assumes these are $500 cars.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
By law, insurers are required to pay ACV in the event of a total loss. (Actual Cash Value). How they arrive at that value is part NADA, part comps, part black magic. It will be up to you to provide proof of value above their valuation.

Avoid stated value, you want agreed value.

FWIW, I collected $1600 on my wagon hail claim on a "regular" insurance policy, and it's far from pristine. I mention this to show that not every estimator assumes these are $500 cars.
But you never know which adjuster you're going to get.

FORREST-GUMP copy.jpg

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Check with Grudy's website. I think they do Agreed Value Daily Driver insurance as well now.

I have mine under the no daily driver policy. It's $188 a year for agreed $23,500 total loss. Even if the daily is three or four times that, it's a good deal for agreed value.

Agreed value is the key as previously stated.

Hutch

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Check with Grudy's website. I think they do Agreed Value Daily Driver insurance as well now.

I have mine under the no daily driver policy. It's $188 a year for agreed $23,500 total loss. Even if the daily is three or four times that, it's a good deal for agreed value.

Hutch
I think you're talking about this:

Reactions: 1 user

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017

Hutch
Thanks, Do they ask for mileage occasionally? I don't commute mine, but drive it almost daily in the summer. Then parked for 5 months.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Thanks, Do they ask for mileage occasionally? I don't commute mine, but drive it almost daily in the summer. Then parked for 5 months.
Grundy's does not. They expect you to drive it occasionally without regard to mileage. They don't check. Can occasionally drive it to work to show off your car, they state.

They've never asked me about mileage ever except at the onset of coverage for the pre-evaluation. They wanted pictures from all sides of the car initially. The only requirement that you have another car as a daily driver and when not in use, keep your collector car in a secured garage. They'll even insure your replacement parts if you live someplace they offer that coverage.

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
Grundy's does not. They expect you to drive it occasionally without regard to mileage. They don't check. Can occasionally drive it to work to show off your car, they state.

They've never asked me about mileage ever except at the onset of coverage for the pre-evaluation. They wanted pictures from all sides of the car initially. The only requirement that you have another car as a daily driver and when not in use, keep your collector car in a secured garage. They'll even insure your replacement parts if you live someplace they offer that coverage.
Cool thanks. So do you have all your cars with them or just the classics? I see they offer home owners, motorcycles, etc.. The good thing about state farm is the withdrawal from use. For those of us that can't drive year round, We can withdrawal the vehicle from use for winter and still keep plates on it. They give you a reduced rate while it's in storage. And still have comp on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor