classic car insurance for Gbody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
I have JC Taylor they have both modify and classic insurance I pay $97 a year.

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
For sure a lot depends on how you plan on using the vehicle. If it is truly just a show car, driven very little, then the Classsic Car insurance policies like Grundy or Hagerty are great. If you drive it more, then you might consider getting a standard insurance policy with a Stated or Agreed value. Stated value is OK, but the insurance will pay only up to the vehicles appraised value at the time of the claim. Luckily mine appraised for more than I had "Stated", so I got full value, less deductible. I was advised next time to get it appraised ahead of time, as that would have made things a lot easier. If you can get "Agreed" value insurance, then the Ins Company has agreed in advance what a total loss would be, and they pay out without hassle.

For me, I was able to insure my vehicles with Hartford Ins ( AARP to boot, if you are old enough). I added Comp and Collision to my Elky, with a stated value of $15K, and the cost to insure it with no restrictions, along with our other DD, was less than I was paying with my previous company just for liability.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
Anyone here in Michigan using classic car insurance :?: I know each state vary.
And thanks for all the imput, I really appreciate it .
Gbarrie.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I have my El Camino insured with Grundy For $25,000 I haven't had any claims yet so I don't know how easy they are to deal with.(knock on wood) I have 0 deductible free glass replacement, also guaranteed flatbed towing.
You have to have a daily driver car and you have to Garage your collector car. no mileage restrictions.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
Hey guys I have been looking for classic car insurance for my 84 more Carlo for daily use to school and work but there is a catch I am only 17 any help would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor