Classic Tube vs Inline Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Oh, I forgot to mention that I did put a stainless kit from Classic Tube on my 02 Silverado. It fit great, but one of the Ding How hoses gave way while plowing snow. I still haven't figured out how that happened; it rubbed through on the tire. I replaced it, and have had no problems since. Being that you're in PA, you might want a set for the F150. Oh, wait, it doesn't see snow. Nevermind!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Oh, I forgot to mention that I did put a stainless kit from Classic Tube on my 02 Silverado. It fit great, but one of the Ding How hoses gave way while plowing snow. I still haven't figured out how that happened; it rubbed through on the tire. I replaced it, and have had no problems since. Being that you're in PA, you might want a set for the F150. Oh, wait, it doesn't see snow. Nevermind!

The truck has factory braided stainless fuel lines! Only the vent line is tube, and I replaced it and the brake lines with cunifer when I had the cab and bed off!

Reactions: 2 users

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Aren't GN lines from the tank to engine bay the same as NA v6?
No. They are completely different in size and in connections at the front where the Turbos have Saginaw fitting connections for an intermediate line that goes to the fuel rail. The 86-87 Turbo cars have provisions for an online fuel filter in front of the left rear lower control arm.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
No. They are completely different in size and in connections at the front where the Turbos have Saginaw fitting connections for an intermediate line that goes to the fuel rail. The 86-87 Turbo cars have provisions for an online fuel filter in front of the left rear lower control arm.

That's what I thought, if I can't get NA V6 lines I'd probably be better off to go with V8 lines and use braided stainless and AN fittings to cross them over to the correct side.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
neat

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
That's what I thought, if I can't get NA V6 lines I'd probably be better off to go with V8 lines and use braided stainless and AN fittings to cross them over to the correct side.
It's been so long that I have had hands on a NA Buick V6 that I don't recall the size lines. The Turbo cars have a 3/8" feed and a return that is mostly 5/16" until it gets close to the back where it steps down to 1/4". The Buick V6 feed runs down the left side. The Chevrolet engines run down the right side.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
only other car that might work is a 301 g body, the pontiacs and buicks have the pump on the same side, but i highly doubt they'd have them. Anyone with a factory 301 confirm/deny?

Reactions: 1 user

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
My issue with AN lines is that they have a life span and most non lined AN lines will leak gas fumes. AN lines have to be replaced regularly with modern gas. Stock OEM lines will last 30+ years.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
My issue with AN lines is that they have a life span and most non lined AN lines will leak gas fumes. AN lines have to be replaced regularly with modern gas. Stock OEM lines will last 30+ years.
Got any proof of this?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor